This year the children have voted for the School Council members.
Photo following shortly.......
What is the school council?
We have a school council to give the children in our school the chance to take a lead in making the school a better place. This is important because Article 12 of the International Rights of the Child says that “Children have he right to say what they think should happen when adults are making decisions that affect them and to have their opinions taken into account.”
How will the School Council do this?
- Asking the children in the school what things could be improved or changed. They will do this through Class council meetings, talking to children, talking to governors and teachers and in their school Council meetings.
- Making plans or undertaking projects.
- Finding people to do jobs.
- Finding money for projects.
- Organising events and trips.
Who is in the School Council?
Two members of each year group are elected on to the school council.